Payments and insurance.
Insurance Acceptance Policy
Thank you for choosing us to help care for your dental needs. As part of our services as an office, we want to help you understand how your dental insurance works. We want to help you utilize your insurance benefits to the utmost. Whether your insurance plan covers a major portion of your dental bill or only a small amount, dental benefits are good for patients because they help pay for needed treatment.
- By accepting treatment in our office, you are accepting sole responsibility for the total charges incurred.
- As a courtesy to our patients, we will file with your insurance at the time of service and only collect what we estimate your co-pay to be. We will wait up to 60 days for the insurance to reimburse the remainder of the charge. At the time of reimbursement, any difference between the estimated co-pay and the actual payment is due from you.
- If the insurance does not respond within 60 days, the remaining balance will be due from you. We will provide you with a completed insurance claim to file so that you may receive reimbursement from the insurance. We will be available to help you complete this process so that you will receive reimbursement.
We can file with most any insurance plan. We will be happy to work with your insurance to develop a detailed estimate along with an estimate of your co-pay before any work is performed. Please contact our office for more information.
Insurance companies we are typically* in network with:
- Delta Denta- PPO and Premier plans.
- United Concordia – Federal plans
- Met Life- through Maverest.
- Cigna Radius
- Dental Select
-* It is ultimately between you and your insurance company to verify network participation and any contract guidelines within your contract with them. We will file claims for you and give you the best estimate possible, we do offer pre determinations ( sending off your rec. tx to find out from your insurance company what they will pay.)
Accepted payment types/options